In service from Jan-Mar 2019
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is an I.R.S. program that provides free income tax preparation to low-income, students, elderly, non-resident, disabled, and limited English proficient individuals.
Our CSULB VITA site is available to qualifying taxpayers with an income level of $54,000 or less. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing for federal and state tax returns. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. Don’t put off your taxes! CSULB VITA has refunded over $834,000 in taxpayer dollars last tax season.
If you are an Accountancy major and meet the following requirements:
- You completed the tax class – ACCT 351 by fall 2018
- You are registered for ACCT 351 for spring 2019
You can register for ACCT 352 (VITA) for spring 2019. VITA provides you a unique opportunity to prepare taxes for the Long Beach community. Last spring our volunteers prepared about 700 Federal and State returns from low-income families, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers. Be a part of this impact!
You can opt for 1-4 units (most students choose 4 units). It counts towards the 150 units for CPA. Each unit represents a volunteer hour per week. Ex. 4 units = 4 hrs. per week. You can choose 2 hours twice a week anytime between 8 am to 8 pm M-Th, 9 am to 4 pm on Friday’s. You will have certain events on Saturdays either on campus or off-campus. The volunteering is completed by spring break.
Please note: Training dates (TBA) will be held in January leading up to the start of Spring Semester. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You need the approval to add the class to your schedule. Please apply by clicking HERE.
Hours of Operation
(not updated for Spring 2019 date)
Our CSULB Vita site will be available from Monday, January 29, 2018 to Friday, March 23, 2018.
8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 5 pm
9 am – 3 pm
Site will be closed Monday, February 19
We are located in CBA 237 Computer Lab – Stations #74, 75, 77, 78, 79, 80 & 81.
Before You Visit
- It takes time to prepare a tax return. Please plan accordingly and allocate at least one hour for your visit.
- Parking is not free on campus; you may use a parking meter or purchase a parking pass. Please refer to the University parking for more information.
- Walk-ins only
- Government issued photo ID (Driver’s License)
- Original Government Issued Social Security Card (or documents of Individual Taxpayer Identification Number – ITIN) (No Photocopies or Pictures)
- All W-2’s and 1099’s (if any)
- Other income and expense information
- Total tuition fees and expenses paid (form 1098-T)
- Total expenses paid for child/day care
- Day care or dependent care provider’s address, phone, and identifying number (SSN or EIN)
- Bank account and routing number (voided check) for direct deposit of refund
- Last year’s tax return is helpful, but not required
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
College of Business Administration
CBA Computer Lab
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-8504
All parked vehicles on campus must have a valid parking permit.