Joining Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi (BAΨ) is open to students who have met the requirements set forth by the chapter and the national office. If you are the kind of person that goes above and beyond and want something in recognition of your hard work, BAΨ is the place to go.
All prospective members of BAΨ must undergo a semester-long pledging process.
The cost to pledge is a one time fee of $140. This covers:
- National dues
- One organization shirt
- Priority registration for firm tours
- Admittance (1) for Meet the Firms
- Name Plate & Pin
In order to pledge for BAΨ, students must meet the following requirements:
- Declared Accountancy as your concentration
- Completed at least one upper-division accounting course
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher in upper-division accountancy and 3.0 GPA in cumulative course work
- Must not be graduating in the semester of pledging
All pledges must:
- Complete at least 50 hours of service, consisting of 32 Professional Hours, 9 Community Service Hours, and 9 Social & Alumni Activities Hours
- Attend the following events: Candidate Class Meeting, held at the beginning of the semester; three firm tours; Meet the Firms; and the Candidate Class Fundraiser
- Adhere to the candidate handbook, explained at the Candidate Class meeting.
Have any questions? Contact the Director of Records at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our organization uses BeachSYNC. It is a platform that allows us to manage all event RSVPs, memberships, hour tracking, and more. It also enables us to be a paper-less organization. Less time spent on paper work, more time spent on members.
To sign up for our organization, all members must be a student at Cal State Long Beach with a valid student I.D. number.