Joining Beta Alpha Psi
CSULB’s Beta Alpha Psi (BAΨ) Gamma Omega Chapter is a nationally recognized chapter and part of a global network of over 300,000 members worldwide. Our chapter is open to students who have met the requirements set forth by both the chapter and the BAΨ National Headquarters. If you’re a hard-working student that goes above and beyond, are looking for something to open your career and networking doors, and want something tangible in recognition of your efforts, BAΨ is for you.
All prospective members of BAΨ must undergo a semester-long pledging process and adhere to the following dues schedule:
- BAΨ Candidate (Pledging semester): $140
- Returning Member (Semesters after pledging): $80
These dues cover Beta Alpha Psi National membership dues, the cost of one organization shirt, priority registration for firm tours, admittance to Meet the Firms, and an official Beta Alpha Psi Name Plate & Pin. Failure to pay these dues can result in suspension of CSULB Beta Alpha Psi candidacy and revocation of Beta Alpha Psi National membership.
In order to pledge for BAΨ, students must meet the following requirements:
- Declared Accountancy, Finance, or Information Systems as your concentration
- Completed at least one upper-division course within your major (i.e. ACCT 300A, FIN 300, IS 300)
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher in upper-division Major GPA and a 3.0 GPA in cumulative course work or 3.25 in last 30 units
All pledges must:
- Complete at least 50 hours of service, consisting of 32 Professional Hours, 9 Community Service Hours, and 9 Social & Alumni Activities Hours
- Attend the following events: Candidate Class Meeting (held at the beginning of the semester), Big Buddy Little Buddy, Meet the Firms, Awards & Initiation Banquet, Candidate Class Fundraiser.
- Adhere to the candidate contract (or see below), explained at the Candidate Class meeting.
Have any questions? Contact the Director of Records at email@example.com.
Our organization uses BeachSYNC. It is a platform that allows us to manage all event RSVPs, memberships, hour tracking, and more. It also enables us to be a paper-less organization. Less time spent on paper work, more time spent on members.
To sign up for our organization, all members must be a student at Cal State Long Beach with a valid student I.D. number.